Wednesday, September 19, 2007

WEEK 9 THING 21

From my reading, I learned that a Podcast is a "non-musical audio or video broadcast that is distributed over the Internet. The podcast's method of delivery is often done automatically through RSS." I-tunes by Apple is a downloadable application that plays songs on an i-pod.
However, users do not need an i-pod for podcasts since most of them are downloadable audio files.
I did listen to 3 search tools for locating podcasts. Podcast.net was interesting since it featured talk radio shows. The show I chose from podcastalley.com was called "Nobody Likes Onions" and was really foolish and silly. My favorite search tool was yahoo podcast because I love listening to NPR episodes.
Libraries could utilize podcasts for book talks, stories for children, staff training, etc.

No comments: